Get monthly email updates when I add new resources to our Family Action Toolkits
This page may use affiliate referral links. I may earn a small commission if you choose to make an order using these links. Learn how we use affiliate links to support our community.
We’re not a [cards & tchotchkes = love] kinda family, but I like take this opportunity each year to talk about healthy romantic relationships, marriage rights, particularly how multiracial families have been targeted in the past, and how LGBTQ+ families are still struggling for equal rights.
When is it?
- The 14th of February
- What is marriage?
- What are the benefits of marriage? (legal, financial, child custody, healthcare.)
- When did interracial marriage become legal?
- When did gay marriage become legal?
Dig deeper into this topic:
- Crushes & Puppy Love: Kids books about mutual respect, consent, and clear boundaries
- Talking about consent with kids
- Consent & Body Sovereignty for Infants & Toddlers
- Love is Love is Love: Diverse Family Constellations in Kids Books
- Gay Protagonists in kids stories
- Kids books featuring Multiracial Families