Get monthly email updates when I add new resources to our Family Action Toolkits
Rosh Hashanah & Yom Kippur
High Holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur
When are they?
- Both holidays start at sundown and are part of the High Holy Days that kick off the new year.
- Tishrei is the first month in the Hebrew lunisolar calendar, typically falling in late summer or early autumn.
- Rosh Hashanah falls on the first and second days of Tishrei.
- Yom Kippur falls on the tenth day of Tishrei.
- New Year At The Pier (Ages 5+)
- Sound the Shofar (Ages 3+)
- The Many Mysteries of the Finkel Family (Ages 8+)
Discuss: (See resources below if you need help)
- Why does apologizing feel difficult?
- Practice a 3-part apology
- 1: Apologize for my action (not their response)
- 2. Take active steps to understand the impact of my action
- 3. Ask those I harmed what support & repair looks like for them.
- Discuss what it means to forgive
Additional resources to dig deeper into this topic: