Get monthly email updates when I add new resources to our Family Action Toolkits
Responsibilities of Raising Luminaries
by Ashia R., Head Custodian of Raising Luminaries
Members of Raising Luminaries [RL] and our ancillary organizations Books For Littles [BFL] The Luminary Braintrust, [LBT] the Student Ignition Society [SIS], including our supporters, readers, contributors, and the founder of RL and author of this statement, Ashia R. are responsible for our individual actions and our contributions to the community.
Incendiaries take responsibility for learning and understanding:
Who benefits from the current systems (social, financial, educational, etc.)
Who is harmed by them? What groups are targeted within those systems?
Our individual power and privilege.
Both those we hold as individuals, and those we are associated with by virtue of our group identities.
What procedures we must take for speaking up against problematic behavior.
Including our own (report critical feedback here).
Ashia’s Personal Responsibilities Within Raising Luminaries
(This will not be perfect and is limited based on my resources, but I try very hard.)
Research, Analysis & Writing
- Research, analyze, and create resources through the lens of radically progressive social justice in an effort to curate resources for busy caregivers and educators.
- Send monthly updates recapping the resources we’ve created over the past month (sent a max of 1x/month, with occasional delays because LIFE stuff).
- Provide free & accessible resources on the Books For Littles website
- Provide free & accessible resources on the Student Ignition Society website
- Adjust, update, and clean up archived articles to make them more accessible and improve recommendations over time.
- Maintain back-end website IT-stuff to keep the site running.
- Respect time & bandwidth of members: Avoid excessive webpages, newsletters, filler content that says nothing.
Social Media Spaces
- Screen new group members in an effort to reduce exposure of existing members to privacy invasion, trolls, and bots.
- Respect time & bandwidth of members: Approving a max 1 posts per day per channel pertaining to the topic of the channel.
- To respond to good-faith critiques, critical comments, and feedback that call my actions into question from a place of curiosity rather than defensiveness.
- To stay out of or step away from conflict when impaired and likely to do further harm (ex: during or while recovering from a sensory overwhelm episode, when lacking sleep, or in physical pain.)
- Respect time & bandwidth of members: I try to be be judicious in the quality, quantity, and relevance of posts I publish on each of our channels.
This document was last edited in March 2023 by Ashia R. to remove policies on retired social media channels & add the LBT.