Get monthly email updates when I add new resources to our Family Action Toolkits
Let’s Rally through the Winter Season with Trickster & Animal Stories
In celebration of the long-term thinking required of radical generosity, let’s read some cathartic stories of animals acting selfishly and impulsively, before finally learning the benefits of working together.
- Spirits of America (7+)
- Rabbit’s Snow Dance (ages 3+)
- The Origin of Day and Night (ages 6-9)
- The Raven and the Loon (ages 4+)
- Owl & Raven: An Inuit Legend.
- How does this story show us what personal and community qualities the storyteller values?
- Why do we still tell this story?
- How would this lesson apply to a real-life decision we’ve faced before?
- To be satisfied and happy with the process, what expectations and hopes do we have to let go of when we help someone else?
Additional resources to dig deeper into this topic: